AddThis

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Number 1 Absolute Bogus Reason For Not Working out

Any new gathering I go to, the topic of fitness is bound to come up. Usually its people asking for some tips about what they should do, to start off or take them to the next level. And thats a great sign because it shows those people are looking towards making a lifestyle change.

But this week has just been weird. I've never met so many people in one week, who gave me the one reason that I feel is absolute bogus! Wanna know what it is?

I just dont have time to workout
It was like the universe was trying to connect me with these people so that I can help them out and explain why this reason is bogus.

Here are the main arugments or comments I got, in no particular order:
- I get done from work really late
- I cant leave my kids alone
- My job is really demanding
- Any free time I get, I spend with my girlfriend/wife/kids
- Im working on this one project. As soon as I'm done, I'm gonna hit the gym

Would any of you reply to me in a similar way? I'll tell you what I told these people I met:
Come on guys! You know better than that.
Think about it. Why do you work really late? To make money. Why? So that you can enjoy life. Would you be able to enjoy life with all this money if you dont have the health or time to spend it? NO!

If you work really late, then try getting in your 20-30 min workout early in the day. Thats a great start; especially if you're gonna be sitting behind a desk till late. Trust me you wont lose your job if you go in 30 mins later than you do in the morning. After all, you work their till late dont you. Or just wake up 30 mins earlier to get your workout time.

If you can't leave your kids alone, who says you have to hit the gym. Workout at home. There are so many home workouts out there. The shockwave circuit and some other workouts I've posted are great examples of that.

If your job is really demanding, what about your health and fitness? Can you totally neglect them. What if you get type 2 diabetes or heart trouble? What would be more demanding then. As a matter of fact, would you even be able to be at a demanding job any more?

Same thing applies to spending time with your loved ones. Just because you need to spend time with them doesn't mean you can ignore your health. You are actually doing them a favor by staying healthy and making sure you are there for them for a longer period of time.

And mark my words, after that big project you are working on, there'll be a bigger one, and then another and another and another. You see where I'm going with this right. They will never end. One of the biggest projects of your life (other than being a good person and giving to the world) should be to stay healthy. If you think of that as a project and show it half the amount of committment you show your work projects, you will make a difference.

So what I'm trying to say boys and girls, is this:
Not having the time to workout isnt a valid reason for not working out.You should consider it as important as eating or going to work or spending time with your loved ones. And always remember, if you dont have your health, you will not be able to do any of the above. Thats just the way it goes. 
Take this advice very seriously and commit to making a change now. You will thank yourself fot it.

Stay fit
Apollo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AddThisjjj

 
Top Sites Fitness